Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 14

Today was going to be a challenging day. It was my company's annual pub crawl, starting at noon and ending around 4:30. I made sure and ate a big serving of Tex-Mex hash for breakfast, and packed some nuts for snacking on during the actual pub crawl. I already messed up by 9am. I couldn't resist but to start munching on the nuts and eventually ended up finishing the bag before we even started the pub crawl. MAJOR FAIL! Once we got to the first bar there was literally mountains of fried delicious food in sight. Pizza, wings, fried mushrooms, french fries, how depressing. I held off for the entire pub crawl but right around 3pm, I was hungry and cranky. I left a little early from the shin dig and fought through about 30 minutes of traffic before I finally got home. I made myself a big salad for lunch.


Unfortunately my craving for nuts/nut butter came back and I found myself eating a HUGE portion of nuts, dipping some of them in nut butter. It was like healthy gluttony...I immediately felt the shame come on as soon I finally screwed the cap on to the nut butter. Why do I always do this to myself??? Of course my awesome stomach, instantly bloated up to the point where I couldn't move. I even had to skip my crossfit class because I knew it wouldn't be pretty going there with my stomach acting up. I tried to wait a little longer and finally it went down enough for us to do a mini workout. It pretty much kicked my ass, I couldn't breathe very well ad it felt like I had just eaten. That night, my dad took us to a crawfish boil. I had read on a couple of other blogs that crawfish is totally compatible with Whole30, so I was pretty excited, I LOVE CRAWFISH! However, because of my little misadventure with stuffing my face, due to pms/stress eating, the thought of eating anything was nauseating. I watched as my bf and dad chowed down on mudbugs, I ended up having exactly 5 crawfish and some spicy mushrooms that had been mixed in the boil. 


I don't know if it's pms or just plain stress but, this week has sucked. I over ate a bunch of times, I found myself craving/reaching for food when I was feeling stressed or down, and to top it off my stomach has been my worst enemy! I am determined to stick this thing out, it hasn't been helping anything except my sleep. I 


No comments:

Post a Comment