Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 17

This morning I had some chili dog casserole and coffee. I still maintain that the chili dog casserole is the best thing I've made so far on the Whole30. It's sweet and savory with the sausage and meat. The morning went by pretty fast, got some stuff done at work. I was kind of in a rush in the morning so I didn't pack a huge lunch, just some casserole, a mini avocado and a bag of grapes. It was satisfying though, I can tell that my taste buds are changing because even the grapes and sweet potato tasted EXTRA sweet.



When I got home I was kinda drained, I really didn't feel like throwing around weights in the sauna...oops I mean crossfit box. I tried to muster some energy by eating a slice of honey dew melon, then a spoonful of nut butter (I'm pmsing don't judge me). The WOD wasn't that difficult but between my lack of energy overall and the fact that it was about 100 degrees, I sucked! I hate doing bad during the WOD, I hate using lighter weights when I know I can go heavier. I just wasn't feeling it. I was in such a crappy mood afterwards, all I wanted to do was eat a bowl of ice cream =(. Instead I had some spaghetti squash with chicken and a big glass of water, also another slice of honey dew. After dinner I wanted something sweet, but since my stomach was acting up and we had eaten dinner pretty late, I opted for a glass of water! Success!!

Overall Day 17 wasn't too bad, I ate my three meals with minimal snacking and I even worked out. I also resisted the urge to dig into the nut butter and make myself some tea with honey. Baby steps! I am going to check out this FODMAPS/Elimination Diet idea. It's basically paleo except there's a lot of fruit and veggies that are supposedly not good for people with IBS. It's pretty intimidating, a lot of the stuff I eat now is no bueno =/.

No comments:

Post a Comment