Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 6

This morning I woke up dreading quiche.It's not that it tastes bad, I have just eaten it every morning for the past 5 days. Oh well, another small piece of quiche with some grapes and nuts, it is. I really have to work on my breakfast variety. I told myself I was going caffeine free today, and I stuck to it (at least for the first part of the day). Surprisingly I didn't get the massive headache I expected, just a little sleepy. I don't think I ate enough breakfast because I was already hungry by 10am, I decided to eat the nuts I had packed for lunch. Those held me over until around 1pm when I decided to eat. For lunch I wanted to add some freshness to my life so instead of sauteing my spinach I just had some raw leaves mixed in with some shepard's pie. It was pretty good, not to mention I FINALLY finished the shepard's pie!


Right about 2:30pm I got the worst headache ever. I gave in and tried to drink some coffee from my office...black of course.. it was terrible only had about two sips so technically I stuck with my no caffeine rule. I decided to take today off from working out, mainly because I felt tired and sore but also because me and the bf, wanted to see what this whole Game of Thrones nonsense was about. Before we sat down to watch the show I ate a handful of nuts ( I regret doing this because I was mindlessly snacking). For dinner I decided I didn't feel like cooking so I threw together some spinach, 3 leftover meatballs,some raw mushrooms, mixed together with olive oil and red wine vinegar (I'm not exactly sure if this is compliant). I also threw in a dash of salt and garlic. My salad was pretty good! I need to try and eat more raw veggie minus all the greasy oils and spices.


So even though this pretty much filled me up, my bf decided to cook himself up some cheddar, jalapeno deer sausage. It smelled so good! Since I couldn't have any I decided to try and experiment and make myself a mini dessert instead. We had some bananas that were going bad so I grabbed one of those and mushed it up with some cashews/macadamias and a dollop of cashew butter. It was delish! It tasted like a pb and banana sandwich, without the bread of course, with crunchy pb!


Day 6 was OK, not great because I did end up eating a dessert like food and also snacked, but it wasn't bad either. I wasn't too tired all day and I fell asleep instantly when I went to bed. This is new to me because usually I stare at the ceiling for a couple hours before I toss and turn my way into a restless sleep. I really need to workout and workout hard, I feel like I haven't been able to do so because I've been so tired on the Whole30, but maybe I'm just being a baby! Tomorrow's challenges are going to be actually going out to eat, and trying to figure out what is compliant or not. I still need to work on my portions, and my mindless snacking, but hey at least I am FINALLY done with all my leftovers, which means I get to cook this weekend =).



2 comments:

  1. Hi i see you are struggling with your diet - just wanted to tell you that when I got off 'fast' carbs I felt not so good for the first 2 weeks, and the same happened when I went paleo last year for the summer nutritional challenge. So I guess this is the time I need to adjust to the changes, maybe you are having the same kind of issue. Also the body doesn't know yet for the quantities to consume as you are eating less energy-dense foods, I guess I had a 4-day continuous headache the first week because I wasn't eating enough whereas I thought I was eating too much, well actually I'm just guessing, I don't really know why :) Just stick to it! You'll feel a lot better at the end of next week, in the worst case, or maybe quicker :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is good to hear! I have been reading about other people's experiences and most people have a god time with it so I thought I was maybe doing it wrong? Hopefully it gets better but I am going to stick with it!! You look great by the way!!

      Delete