Sunday, June 2, 2013

First day (and hopefully not last) of Whole30

So thankfully I have a very supportive boyfriend, who is taking care of our chores right now so I can write this thing, who is also going to help me out with this process. He is not actually going to follow the Whole30, he said he would try all my food though! This morning after a fun little 8am WOD, I had my first Whole30 breakfast :


It was pretty simple, some deer sausage and two fried eggs (compliments of the bf). I'm not really an egg person but I guess I have to get used to them! Also not pictured here, I am a caffeine addict, I have a large latte every morning before work. Since it is the first week I figured I'd wean myself off of caffeine slowly. I tried to make my coffee with just coconut milk and it was DISGUSTING! I took a couple of sips and threw it out. Oh well! I tried. So my family decided to drop by and instead of eating one of my planned meals, we ended up going to get bbq, this was my first real test. I tried to stick to my Whole30, hopefully all of this was satisfactory:


Side note, in between buying new and different foods and also cooking all day, I ended up snacking all day (terrible I know) But I tried to stay Whole30 compliant. I mostly ate cashews and macadamia nuts along with little tidbits of whatever I was cooking. For dinner I tried out my Whole30 Shepard's Pie, it was pretty good, I added half a HUGE organic avocado on the side:

Feedback from Day 1: Overall I think it went ok, I was definitely having some caffeine withdrawal headaches. Also I had pretty low energy all day but that was probably because we woke up early for the WOD. For Day 2 I am going to try to not snack and also figure out a way to drink my coffee =(



No comments:

Post a Comment